4 The Parkway
Phone: (613) 592-3361
Fax: (613) 592-9501
Attendance Line: (613) 592-5830
School Hours: 8:30 am – 2:40 pm
|Vice Principal||Monica Leonhardt|
|Vice Principal||Marilyn Engelbert|
|Office Administrator||Nancy McConnell|
|Chief Custodian||Mandy Schiemann|
|School Colours||Green, White, Gold and Black|
|School Mascot||Our fearless lion, “The Duke of Earl”.|
|School Motto||“Tuum Est”…”It is yours!”|
“Promoting excellence in academics, athletics, the arts and technology.”
Since 1970, students at Earl of March Secondary School have been part of a tradition of caring, commitment, and achievement. Students, staff, and the community take a great deal of pride in this fine tradition. The school is community-based and surrounded by park land. It features excellent facilities including large gymnasium, seven computer labs, full-service library, 700 seat auditorium and generous playing fields. We currently have 1100 students and over 70 teaching staff and support staff.
Total Enrollment: 1100
Earl of March students reflect the cultural diversity of the Ottawa-Carleton area and are drawn from the Kanata community. The school is enriched by its diverse population and has a history of providing a warm, caring, and challenging environment. Students work together in a spirit of harmony and cooperation. They are a very talented group!
A dedicated and experienced teaching staff of 70 is supported by over 20 administrative and support personnel. They are committed to providing the best possible education to each student at the Earl following guiding principles: excellence/advocacy for students, accountability/high reliability, learning organization, and partnerships/community orientation. Many of our staff live in the community and are involved in a variety of community activities. They work together as a team to promote a co-operative and enthusiastic spirit in the school and appreciate the strong support of the community and the high level of energy and pride which our students demonstrate.
The Earl of March was opened in 1970 and has served the students of Kanata and the former Townships of March, Huntley and Torbolton. The school is named after the “Earl of March” who is the eldest son of the Duke of Richmond.